Wednesday, December 13, 2023

SOTO FEELING 22

Source: ESPN

Juan Soto is getting used to his new digs as the newest Bronx Bomber. Doning #22, Soto is excited about one thing: winning. Soto's mindset is just the kind the clubhouse needs this season; not to mention his hot bat from the left side. Soto is feeling 22 (which is Taylor Swift's code for feeling free and alive) and I am all about it.

“My priorities right now are just getting to know the guys, really,” Soto said. “I’ll try to get a good relationship and really stick together, get to know those guys and try to get to the same goal [from] Day 1. That’s what my main thing is right now," reported MLB.com. Soto dodged questions about contract extension talks, keeping his focus on being a Yankee and assimilating to the organization.

Source: Forbes

“We just gotta get to know the organization, get to know the team,” he said. “Right now I’m more than excited to get there and see those guys and see how big is Aaron Judge and [Giancarlo] Stanton. It’s going to be pretty cool. That’s what I’m looking for right now, is just to get comfortable on the team and watch how it’s going to be and how we’re going to grow,” reported The New York Post.

This is Soto's third ball club in his six years in the majors, starting with Washington, moving out west to San Diego and now to his new home in the Bronx. Soto will decide if the pinstripes suit him over the 2024 season, knowing that next year he will be a free agent and can go elsewhere.


 “We understand that he’s a free agent at the end of this term, and we understand that it’s a possible short-term situation,” Cashman said. “I know he’s just going to make our team significantly better," reported MLB.com

I think my favorite part of Soto's press conference on Tuesday was when he said this, “Whatever they need from me, I’m going to be there,” Soto said. “I’m going to be positive to do it. Whatever spot they need me, I’m going to be ready. Whatever spot in the lineup, whatever position they want me to play, I’m going to be right there,” reported MLB.com.

Soto is wearing 22, after a long line of bearers of the same number including Jimmy Key, Roger Clemens, Robinson Cano, Jacoby Ellsbury (yuck) and most recently Harrison Bader. And his youthful presence and mindset is just what the doctor order for the Yankees. Feeling 22 and ready to go, Soto is a Yankee. Now, who's next?  




--Suzie Pinstripe
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @suzieprof








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.