Thursday, November 30, 2023

SORRY SEVERINO, IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON!


It's the end of a journey for Yankees fans. The early years of Luis Severino were exciting to watch but those times faded fast, and the last few years have been hard to watch. It's all come to an end, and sadly it needed to happen.

I'm glad Severino's days in pinstripes are over. I'm not trying to be mean but, I couldn't watch it anymore. He's headed to that other New York team now, and I do wish him well. I want to see him succeed when he isn't pitching against us. In a strange way, I feel like the Yankees are finally going in the right direction when it comes to the starting rotation. The Yankees are finally showing that they are looking for stability in the rotation by moving on. It's progression. Or a weird addition by subtraction if you will. Honestly, the same can be said for Domingo German. It's time to move on.


What comes next, no one knows especially since Brian Cashman is washed up and fails too often with his reclamation projects. At least now there are new possibilities on the horizon, and I am not mad at that. The Yankees have been on the same path of failure for a while now so the idea of "new" anything right now doesn't bother me.....may the baseball gods help us and not let Cashman screw it up again.

I have no problems watching Steve Cohen spend money on Severino. At the end of the day, $13 million is a drop in the bucket for him and I hope Severino succeeds. I'd like to see him prove me wrong, but I just don't see Severino as a starter anymore. His mechanics don't bode well for a long or productive future as a starter. Matt Blake tried to fix that, and he couldn't. I can't say I have any sort of faith in Blake at all, because I think he contributed to Severino's failure. I don't know how Severino comes back from that now, and in the end, Cohen is spending a nice chunk of change to try and make a miracle happen. I'll eat my words if I am wrong, but I don't think I am.


So Sevy....thanks for 2017 and 2018. I think the Yankees mishandled you and now you get a fresh start and hopefully we do too. See you in the Subway Series and Sayonara!  



--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017