Wednesday, September 27, 2023

WHY IS ROWDY TELLEZ TALKING TRASH ABOUT DONALDSON OUTSIDE THE TENT?


We all know that Josh Donaldson is an ego maniac.  Why do we care?  Plus, let's put this into context; Was Josh Donaldson flexing because he's been around baseball forever or was him saying "Everybody knows who I am" a way to say, "I don't want to bother everyone with an introduction."  I guess what I'm saying is... why are we always starting shit? And who the hell is Rowdy Tellez that he is spilling clubhouse banter outside the Brewers tent? What happened to "team" and loyalty and backing each other up?  Sounds like a bitch.  

If you don't know what I'm talking about, a few days ago a story came out about Josh Donaldson and him coming into the Brewers organization after being ditched by the Yankees.  Yahoo Sports digs in about it because Rowdy Tellez has a big mouth:

“He came in the clubhouse and walked straight by, and I was like, ‘Hey, when you walk in the clubhouse, you introduce yourself to your teammates.’ And he goes, ‘Everybody knows who I am,’" Tellez said.

“And then, I was like, ‘Yeah, and when you see a former teammate, you say what’s up?’ And he was like, ‘Hey, are you on the seafood diet?’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, good one… See food, eat food. Beat you to it.’”



And I guess my question is who cares? We know Donaldson by now, we know his rep. Guys like Tim Anderson hate him, he rubs other players the wrong way and Donaldson could care less as well and so... is this news? It sounds like Rowdy Tellez is just a snitch.  

Stories like this are bogus and the people that arrange them to get press are the reason why true journalism these days has taken a back seat.  We are dumbing down America, folks. You're all smarter than that.  

Oh, and by the way, if you can't take a seafood joke and need to expose that to a podcast instead of saying something to Donaldson directly when your butt hurt... we got bigger problems. This was a cheap shot against Donaldson... and it's stupid.  

Toughen up Rowdy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017