Sunday, August 20, 2023

STOP ROASTING ME BECAUSE THE YANKEES STINK

Every morning, without fail, I get two text messages. One from an avid reader of BYB and one from a colleague who also seemingly likes baseball but likely not the Yankees. Then I get multiple messages throughout the day from my son which evens everything out and gives me solace that it is not me failing the fans, but rather the Yankees failing the fans—but it's more than that. The Yankees are failing baseball and their fans. They are embarrassing. So, stop roasting me because the Yankees stink.

Source: Associated Press

“It’s tough. I don’t recall experiencing anything like this before,’’ Gerrit Cole said of the Yanks’ continuing downward spiral, after the Boston Red Sox’s 8-1 win at Yankee Stadium. “How you handle adversity, and how you get through it, is really ultimately how you’ll be judged, ’reported NorthJersey.com. Well stated but it does not make any of us feel better. 


The roasting I mentioned earlier happens first thing in the morning and lasts throughout the day and then into the night. Here are some sound bites for you to enjoy:

"There are some great stories in baseball this year. Just not in NYC."

"The Yankees have not adapted to modern ball."

"You know you can always become a Cubbie." 

"Want me to get you Rays tickets?" 

"Shouldn't that subway wreck be in your piece?"

"Abandon ship." 

"Can we finally give up?"

Saturday evening was truly the last straw for me. And then to boot, I have to listen to the Mets announcers share that the Yankees losing streak is the worst one they have had since 1995. Sports Illustrated added, "New York has been outscored 34-7 since the start of their series against the Atlanta Braves on Monday. The minus-27 run differential is the Yankees' worst in a five-game span since 2005, per ESPN."

What's in store for today? More roasting, I am sure. The Yankees play the Red Sox and hopefully avoid a sweep. And the team continues to plow through the final days of August into September. Aaron Boone says it this way, “I know it’s a boring answer…but we’ve got to try to win a ballgame (Sunday) and expect when we walk in those doors (that) today’s the day,’’ said Boone, irritated. “That’s how we look at it. That’s how we are. We’re sick animals in a lot of ways,’’ reported NorthJersey.com. Sick animals. Okay. Let's go with that. Perhaps they are worth roasting then. Not me, I'm just the messenger. 




--Suzie Pinstripe
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @suzieprof




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017