Friday, August 25, 2023

IKF DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE BENCHED! HE'S ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTING!


This is why I know that Aaron Boone is a puppet... because if you are a manager of a team and you're watching your team lose consistently, but there's one guy that's moving positions, making terrific defensive plays and actually hitting and getting on base, you know that certain guys should not sit.  

IKF is one of the Yankees that no one believes in, but he just keeps doing great things and no matter the challenges, he is not doubting himself, he is out there playing.  Sure, he's not a superstar, but dammit he is contributing much more than the rest (except Judge, I get it). But back to my point...


If Boone had any stones, he would keep IKF out there. Instead, he is directed by Brian Cashman (I have no doubt), to play Oswald Peraza over IKF.  

Now look, we all get a kick out of Peraza, but this is a rookie, and one kid is not going to change the dynamic of this losing team.  We need consistent hitters... we need to keep good defenders out there.  Boone should have put his foot down, but of course, he's fighting for his own job and will do whatever the boss says... even if the boss is wrong about this one. (Cashman's wrong about a lot of them.)  By the way, this is my own opinion. I don't know that this actually happened, but damn I feel like it happened just like I described.

Anyway, the New York Post writes:

"Kiner-Falefa had a chat this week with Yankees manager Aaron Boone as rookie infielder Oswald Peraza was called up.



Peraza is going to play every day, typically at third base, and Kiner-Falefa, who has been a valuable utility man but had settled in at third recently, is going to sit often.

The full-circle moment was a difficult one.

“Definitely tough and not what I wanted to hear,” said Kiner-Falefa, who did not play for a third straight game in the Yankees’ 6-5 loss to the Nationals in The Bronx on Thursday. “But at the same time, we are where we are in the season, I’ve been a part of this [before].”

IKF is a good sport about it, but I know the guy's pissed.  Here's the worst part, since Peraza came up, he is 1-11.  Yes, it's a small sample, but the reality is it's no better than what IKF has been doing?

I'm not Peraza hating, I just find the Yankee dealings with their players ridiculous and typically wrong.  

All that aside, the Yankees need some wins.  If anything, to make it interesting at the end of the season.  No, we won't make the playoffs, but damn, I still love this team. We need a good ending.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017