Thursday, May 11, 2023

SEVERINO'S STILL SPEAKING & I'M DONE LISTENING!


Well, the good news is Luis Severino is officially pitching in live games. He's back in action and one step closer to big league action. It's a start, but he'd do better to do more pitching and less talking.

On Monday, I wrote HEY SEVERINO! QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR REHAB ASSIGNMENT & GO PITCH! Fans and media waited to see when he would pitch. Would Severino get his way and pitch Thursday instead? NOPE. He pitched 3.1 innings on 49 pitches, gave up 2 hits, 1 earned run, 1 walk and struck out three.....all on the day he didn't want to pitch.


Good for him on his first start back but....I wish he could've done that without the drama surrounding it. I'm glad that the Yankees didn't change their mind on his start after Aaron Boone said he didn't have anything to do with the rehab schedule but was sure that the Yankees were looking at Severino's request. If you want to get back to pitching in the big leagues every five days you shouldn't care what day and when that start happens. Just shut up and pitch.

Now after all is said and done Severino is now back peddling a little. He has never been shy about his feelings and he says exactly what is on his mind. On Sunday, he was frustrated with the Yankees because they changed his rehab start to a simulated game and now he's changed his tune, read more HERE."I love the Yankees. This is the only team I know. I would love to be here the rest of my life." I really just don't want to hear it anymore but he goes on with he's "just been having some miscommunication with some training staff and the people that make the decisions about where to start with all my pitches and all that." Riiiiight okay. 


Someone needs to clearly communicate and let Severino know he doesn't need to communicate at all anymore. No more time for talking.....only time for pitching and working back to the team to contribute. That's it. At this rate, he's been irrelevant since 2019. The rest of your career as a Yankee isn't on anyone else's mind.

Congrats on the first step back to the big leagues, Sevy but I'm sticking to my original opinion.....SHUT UP AND PITCH!


--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017