Monday, May 29, 2023

OUCH! FINGERS CROSSED FOR RIZZO!


I have a friend who swears that 13 is a lucky number, and he chooses it every time. I have to disagree not more than ever. I really dislike the number 13. Anthony Rizzo had a nasty collision at first base with Fernando Tatis Jr on an inning ending pickoff. It was also a game ending move after the collision.

If you did not get to see the game today, or the collision at first, you can check it our below.



At first, I didn't see what happened. After a replay at a different angle, I understood why Rizzo left the bag and kneeled after it happened. That was one hell of a hit to the head. Every time I saw the replay I was sure I was looking at unlucky number 13....which would be the number of Yankee players on the injured list.

 Thankfully, so far Aaron Boone says Rizzo is "good" (read more HERE) and they will keep an eye on him. They also expect him play against Seattle today. So fingers crossed, because that collision looked bad and looked like a concussion or worse. This is one of the times that I really hope that I'm wrong and everything is fine. Stay away unlucky 13!


June is around the corner and even though it is still early in the season the Yankees lead the majors in days lost to injury this season, with 686. That alone is hard to swallow but then you break it down into dollars and that's over $35million according to Spotrac HERE. We are all tired of talking about the Yankees injury history and their poor spending habits. This is just a fact you can't ignore when you look at that website. The Cleveland Guardians and Baltimore Orioles have had much better luck so far this season and it sucks.

So, here's to hoping that unlucky 13 stays very far away. I'd say I hope our medical staff and trainers are taking good care of Rizzo right now but I don't trust any of them at all. So I am just hoping for some good luck. I hope Rizzo is okay.



--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017