Wednesday, March 8, 2023

DON'T TRY AND BE A HERO, FRANKIE MONTAS

Sometimes it's better to just keep your mouth shut. 


Frankie Montas is pretty much to most hated Yankee ever. It was Carl Pavano for a while. Many couldn't stand Sonny Gray. But now it's Frankie Montas. Why? Because he wasn't truthful with his injury. He was just trying to be a hero. And when you do that in Yankeeland and you're wrong, you're toast. Why? Because the fan base will crucify you.

ESPN writes:

"Frankie Montas said he was not "100 percent" healthy last year when he was traded to the New York Yankees and emphasized that he expects to pitch this season...

"I was trying to push through," Montas told reporters, according to MLB.com. "I got traded to a new team and wanted to show what I could do. Things didn't go the way I was expecting."



This is the world we live in folks. A world of heroes and a bunch of new generation people that think that fake news and deception is the new way of life. What ever happened to honesty? What ever happened to being truthful?

And more to that. Didn't the Yankees give this guy a physical? This injury couldn't be picked up in that? I find the whole thing a big annoying.

For me... I move on, but not without taking a shot at this guy.  Don't try and be a hero when you come to New York, Frankie. Just don't. I would be a lot better with this if he literally came to us and the Yankees announced there was tenderness or a strain or something. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd still be pissed, but I would know there was some honesty going into the rest of the season. Instead, we got a guy that was broken before he even got to the Bronx.

What a bunch of shit.

Go away Frankie Montas... go away.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017