Wednesday, March 22, 2023

CASHMAN TAKES RESPONSIBLITY FOR A PRETTY BIG BLUNDER!


Frankie Montas was a bust. Not only did he do terrible for the New York Yankees when we acquired him, he hid the fact that he was hurt, telling us all just recently that he was trying to work through injury. Read DON'T TRY AND BE A HERO, FRANKIE MONTAS for more. 

Now what I don't get is that typically a team as structured and corporate as the New York Yankees would do a big physical with newly acquired players to determine if a player is A-OK. Look at the Mets and Carlos Correa. For a hot second he was a Met and then he wasn't. Medical papers said something was up and they looked into it.  The Yankees appeared to not do a thing when Montas came over and then, now he's out hurt and what a huge waste of time that was.

Well Brian Cashman has stepped forward and accepted responsibility.  He admits, and pardon me for curing... he fucked up.

Yardbarker writes:

"Montas may end up being one of the worst trades in recent memory for this Yankee team, and general manager Brian Cashman knows it.



Prior to being moved, the 30-year-old starter posted a 3.18 ERA across 104.2 innings for Oakland, and while their medical staff cleared him of any issues, Montas recently indicated that he was injured when the Yankees acquired him.

“I was like eh-eh. I wasn’t fully 100 percent,” Montas said. “I was trying to pitch through it. Of course I got traded to a new team, I wanted to show what I can do.

Cashman isn’t even hiding behind his pride anymore but instead admitting that it was a complete dud. The same could be said about the deal that brought Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Josh Donaldson to the Bronx.

“You can’t sugarcoat it —the Montas trade didn’t work out,” he said, via Ian O’Connor of the New York Post. “We didn’t get a healthy pitcher, and that’s ultimately my responsibility.”

I respect Cashman more than I did before reading about this development, but here's the thing, now he has to make it right.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017