Sunday, January 15, 2023

NESTOR CORTES IS A TOTAL FAN FAVORITE

You gotta root for a guy like Nestor Cortes


The road has been long. But the best part about Nestor is that he's determined and hard working.  This is the type of guy that visualizes what he wants to accomplish and no matter how long it is, will work on it. This is the type of guy that grew up working hard, understanding sacrifice and understanding patience.  Nestor is a fan favorite because of it. It's the American way.

NJ.com writes

"Yankees left-hander Nestor Cortes avoided arbitration on Friday night by agreeing to a $2.3 million contract for 2023, according to several reports.

Cortes then delivered an emotional message on Twitter: “It’s a special day for my family and me. Specially my parents. Sacrificed so much for the “American dream”. Always put me ahead of their needs. For EVERYONE keep grinding and stay hungry. This is the start! No matter what comes next.”

Nestor is a class act, a leader. 

Cortes will also represent Team USA in the World Baseball Classic.  But get this, he's gonna make sure he doesn't ignore his Cuban roots.


SI.com writes:

"...the Yankees southpaw will pitch for Team USA in the 2023 installment.

Cortes called the invitation a “full-circle moment,” one that “honored and humbled” him. The 27-year-old went on to explain that while he hoped to play for Cuba in the past – he was born in Surgidero de Batabanó – he is grateful for Team USA’s consideration.

“In the past, I’ve expressed playing for Team Cuba one day, but when Team USA reached out to me towards the end of October I immediately said YES! I was born in Cuba and arrived in the United States very young as my parents were chasing the American dream they so strongly believed in and still stand by,” Cortes wrote. “Today I can say another dream of mine has come true as I will represent Team USA in the 2023 World Baseball Classic. I love my Cuban roots and the Cuban blood that runs through my veins, but the land of opportunity has once again put me in a position to be part of what I once saw only as a dream, and to some this dream is more than just baseball, but all I am is a baseball player, and I will represent this great country with honor and thankfulness as nothing less should be expected.”

The dude's incredible. I hope he dominates as a Yankee this year. He's so levelheaded, so positive!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017