Thursday, November 24, 2022

HERE'S YOUR THANKSGIVING APPETIZER - VERLANDER TO THE YANKEES?!


First and foremost, Happy Thanksgiving BYB family! We hope you are happy, healthy and enjoying your day with friends and family. Before you indulge in some turkey or pumpkin pie, let's have a Yankee appetizer.

That rumor is back again....you know, the Justin Verlander one. This time last year I asked JUSTIN VERLANDER TO THE YANKEES? and I really didn't think anything of it. I STILL don't think anything of it today...but the rumor is back and NJ.com has the scoop on it HERE.

The Yankees are always tied to big name free agents, so why would it change now? Add in that the Yankees wanted him last season and missed out on him so why wouldn't they be interested again? Oh, especially after he was just named the 2022 AL Cy Young winner after winning 18 games and posting a career low 1.75 ERA. EVERY TEAM is going to be knocking on Verlander's door.


And that is also going to make him very expensive. He's going to cash in after the season he just had so now we wait and see who's going to dig the deepest in their pockets to get him. I really don't think it will be the Yankees.

Look, Verlander had the chance to be a Yankee this season and he turned us down. The Yankees supposedly had some inside information.... but boy was it wrong.
"The Yankees tried for him last year, and they’ve gotten word through some high-ranking, political people, that he’d like to go to New York," Jon Heyman said, "They made him an offer, and they felt, the way it was handled, that he didn’t want to go to New York. The Yankees are again trying with Verlander, but I don’t think they’re confident."


So there you go...the Yankees aren't confident in their offer (supposedly) and neither am I. I don't think Verlander wants to be a Yankee and I am okay with that. I really don't want him anyway. I just want this dumb rumor to go away. Let the Mets, Dodgers or Houston throws their money at him.

So there is your Thanksgiving nibble.... personally I think some Apple pie sounds better right now so I am gonna leave it at that. Enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving, everyone!


--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017