Tuesday, September 13, 2022

MCGWIRE BACKS AARON JUDGE FOR THE YANKEES HOME RUN RECORD & BEYOND


It's not exactly a glowing endorsement. I mean Mark McGwire was a cheater... why should we care what he has to say, right? Well... he actually makes alot of sense here, and it's provocative, and that's why I'm sharing it with you all. In the end, Big Mac believes that Judge is on the right path to break Maris's home run record, but thinks he could even go further.

Clutch Points writes:


"McGwire stated that he believes that Judge would break Maris’ record this season, which isn’t exactly bold. But what is bold is that McGwire also predicts that Judge will be able to surpass Bonds’ number in the future, and he thinks that his desire to achieve that historic feat could influence which team he signs with in free agency this offseason.

“He’s definitely going to break Maris’ Yankee record, but I truly believe he’ll break Barry’s record, too. I think he’ll finish with at least 65 home runs this year, and then position himself to hit, get to 73 to 74 in the next five to eight years. I really believe he’ll have that opportunity. He’s going to get close to it, and say, ‘Where can I bunch in nine more homers?’ God willing that he stays healthy, he’s going to do that, too.’’



Now look, as a Yankee fan, my biggest wish is that the Yankees can turn their season around and win the whole damn thing this year. I think that would be great for New York.  At the same time, I want Judge to break Maris's home run record because it shares baseball history with a whole new generation of baseball fans. But Judge's record is not the priority... and even he will tell you that.

Look... after Maris, the whole home run record was tainted anyway. I don't consider McQwire, Sosa or Bonds as true home run leaders. I know the record books say otherwise, but as far as I'm concerned it's Maris.  But to wipe that whole steroids scandal clean and to show a clean record... I would love to see Judge break Bond's tainted record one day.  It would be good for baseball and great for the New York Yankees as we move forward in history.

Enjoy your Tuesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017