Thursday, July 28, 2022

BENINTENDI IS BRONX BOUND, BABY! BYE BYE JOEY?


Alright, alright, alright! Now we are talking.  We are just under a week until the 2022 Trade deadline and the Yankees have already started what I hope will be an extensive shopping spree. Hopefully.....fingers crossed.

Earlier this month I said ANDREW BENINTENDI SHOULD BE BRONX BOUND! and I have REALLY wanted to see this happen but even recently I was skeptical that it was going to happen. Boy am I glad I was wrong! I am excited to see Andrew Benintendi in pinstripes, it's time. I think he adds a lot to our lineup. Yes, give me that left handed bat, .321BA and his ability to just put the ball in play and not be a guaranteed strike out! And if you are about to tell me "but he only has 3 home runs" you can save it because I don't care. 


He can do everything that Joey Gallo has proven he CAN'T do for us. Benintendi is the answer to my prayers (at least I hope)....and do you know what those are? Easy, let me tell you.....it's a one-way ticket to get Joey out of town! BUH-BYE Joey. I don't care where you end up, honestly. You don't gotta go back to Texas but ya can't stay in a Yankee uniform. We tried the Gallo experiment. It had immediate positive results last season after we got him but ever since then it's been an absolute train wreck. The outfield needed a serious upgrade and not that it would've been hard but I believe Benny is the guy.

Now what? Unless the Yankees believe that Giancarlo Stanton is a bigger problem than this recent DL trip I would assume the Juan Soto trade is probably off the table. I guess time will tell but the most important part of this for me is getting a trade partner to kick Joey to the curb. He's still on the roster so there are more moves for Brian Cashman to make. Get it done! For the record though, I was skeptical about Benintendi and yet here he is, so I would be okay with being wrong about Soto.

And for those of you who have been following the Benintendi "vaccination status" chatter on social media, hopefully Joy Heyman's tweets will put your mind at ease.




So if you were worried about the Yankees getting him and then not being able to play him when the Yankees travel to Canada, you can stop stressing. The Blue Jays wouldn't be trying to get him to have him sit on the bench for the rest of the season at home....right? 

Now the best part of all of this is now the Yankees start a series at home against the Kansas City Royals, so I am hoping to watch a Yankee win against Benny's old team.

So, next I am hoping Cashman is going to surprise us with a pitching upgrade. Oh but, don't forget to get rid of Joey. In fact, I will be right over to help pack him! 




--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Benatendi is better than Gallo .
    I believe that the moves the Yankees needed to make were more along the lines of getting cheaper or add pitching.
    I would have traded Gallo ( for batting gloves if need be)Donaldson,Gonzalez send down Castro bring up Andujar and Florial both are have done all that needs to be proved at AAA Peraza ( install him as SS) move IKF to super utility role.He can play all the infield including catcher if need be .
    You probably could have traded those same prospects to the Cubs for DRob . We would have supplied our need for more offense and did not lose much on Defense ( iKF good glove at 3B.
    We may or may not need a starting pitcher , German showed he can pitch maybe nerves was his problems first start.
    If Sevy is back German through August stays in the rotation .Six man rotation through the first week in September saves innings on Sevy,Tallion and Cortes.
    Pit analytics to an actual use figuring where to put Cole every 5 days.What that does is some pitchers will get 1-3 extra days saving arms and keeps Cole in rythem. Plus German's stuff can play good out of the penn.
    You got to either throw Chapman out there when he is needed or trade him.
    Every 3-4 days is what causes some of his problems , by now they should see this. We need get DRob ,knows New York , has thrived in New York .I am not sold on Wandy Peralta in tight situations.
    Benatendi again is 10 times better than Gallo, but I believe that just like when the Yankees traded Beltran and brought up Judge because there was nothing left to prove at AAA the same can be said for Andujar and Florial and Peraza.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017