Monday, March 21, 2022

INTEGRITY BE DAMNED, THE YANKEES SIGNED A CHEATER!


The Yankees wanted versatility and they got it in the form of a cheater. Sure, not everyone agrees with me on this one but I really don't care. The Yankees desire for versatility comes at a price and I'm not talking about the amount of money in his contract.

The Yankees saw endless possibilities with Marwin Gonzalez because the cheater can play all over the infield and also play all three outfield positions. Sure, that sounds nice but it comes with the price of integrity which some people may not care about but I do.

Sure, the Yankees got him on the cheap at a minor league deal for only $1.1 million if he reaches the major league roster but what about the stigma that goes with it? He's part of the 2017 cheating ASSTROS team that knocked the Yankees out of the postseason. He's not worth a penny.


That .199 BA last season is less than what he weighs. He's useless. Love how good his stat looked in 2017 when he was cheating. He was one of the ASSTROS that benefited most from their trash can banging and then as soon as he is exposed for the cheater he is he can't hit the broad side of a barn. To say he's in a decline is an insult to almost every other player in the league.

And what about his terrible "apology" he gave two years ago, we wrote about it in THE LATEST DIRTY ASSTRO APOLOGY IS BEYOND STUPID! What about when he said "that's how it is unfortunately. It's how it is, they're going to get booed. Hopefully they can get through that." That's what he said about the bad reputations his former teammates were going to have to deal with as they traveled to other stadiums. Easy to say when he was a Minnesota Twin....but he's not anymore. 


So no, I won't give Gonzalez a "Welcome to the Bronx" because he's a loser and now he hopes to stay in the show and have a chance with the team he cheated against. He doesn't deserve the uniform at all. Giving him one to wear would be a tragedy as far as I am concerned.

I hope his own words about being booed haunt him.



--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj
 

1 comment:

  1. Im with you jeana.im a die hard yankees fan.i cried when we lost in 2017 and when I found out we were cheated out of it I went nunts.i could've gone postal in Houston.
    I'm from Lawrence Massachusetts and got bumston fans all over.i got car yankees stickers. Flags 🏳 in my yard I've been hackles by dumb disreptfull fans and held it down for my beloved yankees.BUT BY signing this bum who only had a good cheating season. He gets no respect from me even if he hits a grand slam to knock out bumston out the postseason...love hate relationship with my yankees

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017