Monday, February 21, 2022

CAMERON "RISING STAR" MAYBIN HAS A NEW GIG WITH THE YANKEES!


At last, a reunion I can be excited about. While all fans wait to reunite with baseball as the lockout lives on we finally have something new to look forward to. It's a small piece of good news right now that I think we can all use.

What exactly am I talking about? I'm sure you've all heard this gem by now but in case you haven't you can check all of the details HERE but I'm not going to bury the lead. Cameron Maybin is BACK. Not in pinstripes this time, but he's taking the mic as a YES Network analyst and I am anxious to hear it.

And it sounds like Michael Kay is anxious for all of us to hear it too because Kay says Maybin will be a "star" and "Yes, he's that good." I really can't wait to hear it for myself. I'm still trying to come to terms that Ken Singleton won't be back. My head knows it but my heart does not. Singleton has always been a personal favorite of mine. I will never forget his signature "LOOK OUT!" and I am going to miss that. Times change though, and while I will miss Singleton I wish him a happy retirement and I look forward to what Maybin has to offer.


I think this is a good choice for YES. Now he can see the other side. Maybin used to be a favorite for beat writers everywhere and now he could be a broadcast favorite. He does have some big shoes to fill though but I am sue he will figure that out quickly, especially if he's a natural like Kay says he is.

YES Network should have a flexible rotation now that Maybin is expected to call about 40 games compared to Singleton's 18 and they also have Carlos Beltran calling games too. I love how NJ.com conveniently left that out of their story though:
"Besides Kay and Maybin, the YES broadcast team includes analysts David Cone, Paul O’Neill and John Flaherty, clubhouse reporter Meredith Marakovits and backup play-by-play man Ryan Ruocco."


Nice to see I am not the only one who isn't giving cheating Carlos Beltran a warm welcome.

Welcome back to the Yankees, Maybin! Can't wait to see what the next chapter of your career looks and sounds like.


--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017