Thursday, January 13, 2022

THE YANKEES COACHING STAFF IS MAD AT ME

I'm kidding... or maybe I'm not.

I was harsh.  I was mean. I get it. I also get that when you are posting comments as UNKNOWN... most likely you don't want to be identified. I get that too. And that's what they do.

Here's the thing... that also means you can write whatever the hell you want. Fair.  But you know what's also fair? Being critical.


Critics have been way longer than me. And so, when I came down hard on the Yankees coaching staff as young and inexperienced, I was stating a fact.  What is definitely unfair is that I slammed them all insinuating that the Yankees future with these guys is flawed.  That's a guess. I don't know that... it's probably unfair but it's also an opinion.

I wrote MEET THE YANKEES LOSER COACHING STAFF. It was harsh. I was quickly meant with an attack back to me along with another that made a very good point... 

Unknown #1 is absolutely right. Should I give them a chance? I will. If they are successful I will be the first person to say I was wrong. But there's something that I firmly believe in when it comes to a coaching staff. They need to know what they're doing. Coaching College is a bit different than coaching the minors. Coaching in the minors is different than the majors. And I understand stepping stones, but do the Yankees have to have every single one of these guys move up at once? Serious question.

I mean even Aaron Boone is pretty green. He's not a good manager. And so if he can't manage well... and can't lead well... how do you think these other guys are gonna follow his lead? Do you see what I mean?

Now in reading the comment from Unknown #2 above, I'd bet you it's Casey Dykes or Tanner Swanson. You can just tell. I'm kidding. 

Bottom line... criticism in New York can be plenty. I'm not the only one who is underwhelmed by these guys, fact. 

But this I know... I'm probably the ONLY one that was a total dick about it.  And what's my main reason?  Experience.

If I was too hard on these guys, I apologize.  As a fan... I want experience and wins galore. That's not too much to ask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017