Thursday, September 9, 2021

DON'T PANIC ABOUT GERRIT COLE! PANIC ABOUT THIS INSTEAD....


I'm not going to lie, I've been nervous today. As anxious as I was for Derek Jeter's induction and speech Gerrit Cole's mysterious hamstring injury has been on my mind. A Wild Card spot is hanging in the balance as the Yankees continue to slide at the worst possible time.

Okay, so it doesn't look so good right now. None of us wanted to see Cole come out in the fourth inning and I'm sure we all felt our hearts sink but we have to wait and see what happens. That's just my opinion. On the other hand, we have the New York Post telling us it is time to PANIC in their story yesterday. Yes, PANIC, it was even in their headline, you can read it HERE.

No fan is happy but....PANIC? The whole season has been a scary rollercoaster ride. If you haven't PANICKED yet this season then that's an accomplishment. It's been a rough season. Don't let this be your reason to panic.


I don't want to think about any bad news. We've had enough and for now I want to remain encouraged just like Aaron Boone said he was yesterday in an update, you can read more HERE.

"He’s doing pretty well today," Boone said. "He went through some testing and that went well. I know he was getting ready to jump on the treadmill right now. So I think he’s encouraged. I don’t think we have anything definitive yet. I think that the next 24 or 48 hours is going to determine where we move and how he responds."

 It's nice to see one New York media source not telling us to PANIC in the headline. So he responded well to testing and he felt well enough to jump on a treadmill. Definitely not a lot of clarity yet, but he's active and feeling okay so I will take it.

As for the New York Post wanting us to panic....I roll my eyes. We want and need our ace on the mound but the REAL REASON to panic is that our offense can't score! It doesn't matter if Cole pitched every game. If the offense doesn't do their job then it doesn't matter who is on the mound....not even if it is Andrew Heaney and he was miraculously pitching a gem. 

Let's dig deeper and look at the REAL reason we should be panicking, Aaron Judge, Giancarlo Stanton and Joey Gallo were a COMBINED 1 for 38 in the four games before we played the Blue Jays. More proof that the real reason to panic is our offense that can't score. 

The Yankees postseason hopes and dreams do NOT fall on Cole's shoulders....but it does on our hitters that are not hitting. PANIC about THAT! Hope for good news about Cole. 



  --Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
     BYB Managing Editor
    Twitter: @nyprincessj

1 comment:

  1. The team needs to change their batting approach mostly the power hitters like Judge he is swing at those outside sliders, and JD needs to hit for small ball. After what the Mets did in one inning playing small ball took Yankees and twisted the Yanks heads right off, I shut the game off and played some Xbox.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017