Thursday, July 29, 2021

IS ANYONE EXCITED JOEY GALLO IS A YANKEE?


The Yankees are trying to save their season and they think their trade for Joey Gallo can do that. I was wondering if Brian Cashman was going to make a splash before the deadline and I don't want to say I am disappointed but Gallo wasn't at the top of my wish list....not that the Yankees care about my wish list.

Regardless, it sounds like Gallo will be Bronx bound pending review of medical records. The Yankees will send a haul of prospects to get him. I can't wait to look back on this in the future and see who the "winner" of this trade is.


Some people love this move, some hate it. I know my Twitter feed was absolutely blowing up when the news broke. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. Even those who aren't in love with this move there are some positives to this move.

My biggest buy in with Gallo in the lineup is we FINALLY get a left handed bat that we really need to help balance the lineup. Our lineup has been too right handed, and adding a power guy like Gallo could make a difference....I hope.


And speaking of power, the Yankees finally get a gut that can smash one over the fence with runners in scoring position. He can also strikeout but I am focusing on the positives here because I am a "glass half full" kind of gal. He's not perfect or my dream of a contact hitter BUT in 310 AB this season he has 25 home runs....ALL Yankee lefthanded batters this year have 22 home runs in 722 AB. Gallo is tied for fifth in the AL for home runs, won a gold glove in 2020 and was an All-Star this year and 2019. He's got some good credentials.


I also like Gallo's versatility, he will probably be the Yankees regular left fielder but he has made 140 starts in right field and 117 in left field and 30 in Center. He's only played right field this season but considering how fragile Aaron Judge and Clint Frazier are his versatility isn't a bad thing. Oh and giving Brett Gardner some bench time wouldn't be bad either. In a pinch, he can also play infield if needed he's started 72 games at first base and 73 games at third. There's nothing wrong with options, right?

Hopefully Gallo makes a big impact. At least the Yankees didn't give up a lot of good pieces for a rental but I guess if you don't like the Gallo move you don't care that he's not a free agent until 2023. Like it or not welcome to the Bronx Gallo....but time to say goodbye to that beard.



  --Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
     BYB Managing Editor
    Twitter: @nyprincessj



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017