Tuesday, June 22, 2021

VOIT IS BACK ON THE HORSE AT SOMERSET

We here at BYB are big Luke Voit fans.... and this guy hasn't had it easy. It appears he gets hurt alot. But when he's healthy.... he's the guy you want in the lineup.

Luke is in the minor leagues right now... making the best of it. 

mycentraljersey.com writes:

"After missing all but two weeks of the regular season, New York Yankees first baseman Luke Voit is itching to get back to the big leagues....

Voit is currently making his way back from an oblique strain and rehabbing with the Double-A Somerset Patriots. He missed the start of the season after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus, and returned to the team on May 11. He was sent back to the injured list after straining his oblique two weeks later.

"My second at-bat after I got back in the big leagues I got hit in the hand and I think it kind of changed my mechanics and my swing," Voit said of injuring his oblique. "I think I started overdoing it with my right side to overcompensate. I just felt like I couldn't stay through the ball, and I think that's why I was using my right side to help me get through the ball more and unfortunately my body isn't used to swinging like that."

Look, the Yankees right now are 4.5 out. They have a big shot. It's been a hell of a season trying to get consistency, and hopefully it starts to come together. But we need guys like Voit to get us over the hump.  

Hopefully good things are coming for both King Luke and the Yanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017