Thursday, March 11, 2021

WAITING TO EXHALE


I have missed baseball so much and I am glad to have it back....but boy Spring Training is already giving me a good dose of anxiety. I'm tired of being cursed by the injury bug. It's already bit us once already and I'm hoping that we don't see it again for awhile.

I think the loss of Zack Britton is more than enough, so I am crossing my fingers toes, eyes, fingers and legs that Clint Frazier has dodged a bullet. It sounds like he has this time but I'm still worried. In case you missed it, Frazier had a scary crash with the outfield wall again on Tuesday, read more HERE. He lasted one more inning before they pulled him and once again Frazier and the outfield wall are enemies.

Aaron Boone gave an update yesterday and it sounds like it is good news. Frazier "feels strong" and I like the early prognosis, but I am still nervous about taking a deep sigh of relief. I still remember Frazier's collision from three years ago that resulted in a concussion and had lasting effects for two seasons. We finally got to see Frazier at his best last season and that's what instilled enough confidence in Boone to name him the starting left fielder for this season.

I hope Frazier is feeling as strong as he says he is. I know I am not the only one who wants to see him out there again ASAP. Did you see this on Twitter yesterday?


I don't want to prematurely celebrate but I like what I am seeing! This is Frazier's time to shine. He's waited a long time for this. I hope we see Frazier playing in Clearwater today. I'm not breathing easy just yet but....Frazier's tweet does help a little.

I will be able to exhale when I see Frazier in the outfield tomorrow.



  --Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
     BYB Managing Editor
    Twitter: @nyprincessj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017