Tuesday, December 1, 2020

A NICE MID-ROTATION GUY FOR THE YANKS COULD BE GARRETT RICHARDS


The off season is fun because many sites are out there making guesses about players that should come to the Yankees.  You know what I want? I want one starting pitcher and DJ LeMahieu. In fact, that's all I want.  

But for the sake of the offseason and rumor fun... I was reading about a mid-rotation pitcher that could be a nice addition to the Yankees.  Garrett Richards.  

I cannot take all the credit on this guess. Pinstripe Alley intrigued me. Nice idea Tom Krosnowski. Check this out:

"Enter Garrett Richards. A rumored Yankees target since the mid-2010s, Richards is at a different phase of his career now. Entering his age-33 season and having made just 41 starts over the last five years due to two Tommy John surgeries... 




He has resurrected his career, most recently as a key piece to the 2020 San Diego Padres that resulted in his first MLB playoff appearance.

Now a free agent, Richards could fill that Happ role in the Yankees’ rotation as a cheaper and younger (and possibly better) option."


Now everyone is gonna look at this and say, well he's a broken down pitcher. If that's the case, just keep Happ. Personally, I think this is a good option if you can get him at a cheap price and just see what he has. Can't lose as far as I'm concerned.

Look... it's the rumor season. Let's have alittle fun. What do you think? Comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017