Friday, November 6, 2020

LET'S SHOW SOME LOYALTY & HELP LEMAHIEU FINISH HIS CAREER IN THE BRONX


 DJ LeMahieu is 32 years old. I say sign him till he's 38... 6 years and even then, we can see where we are and maybe go year after year after that.  Why? Because the dude knows how to hit. The dude can play wherever we need him. The dude's a gamer and he's given us more than anyone expected while he was in New York. So, as a sign of thanks... as a sign of loyalty... let's give him a nice deal so he can help the Yankees get over the hump in the next decade.  It makes perfect sense to me.

Hey, I'm not the only one who thinks the dude needs to stick around. Plenty of blogs and sites are making predictions. I'm not predicting money because I have no idea what the Yankees have, but I do know this... they like him alot and he likes them.

I love this by the way... It is high! It is far! It is... Caught! writes this... and is utterly confused by what to do and I totally get it. There are other pieces we need. What do we do?:


"Yeesh, the dude hit .364! He was, by far, the Yankee MVP. Prorated to a full season, his 10 HRs would equal about 28. He is a building block, a clubhouse leader, a clutch hitter, a potential Yank captain and the best leadoff man in baseball. 

So... how much money, and for how long, will it cost to keep him? When the bidding commences, how far into the 2020 decade should the Death Star go? 

Three years? That's easy. Five? Hmm. At the end, he'll be 37. Eight? Excuse me, I'm sweating; his contract will end with Giancarlo Stanton's. Ten? Ouch. That's Robbie Cano territory. As George C. Scott noted in Hardcore, "TURN IT OFFFFFFFF!"

So... how far?"




I'm hear to calm everyone. SIX years.  I'm telling you...we give him 6 and reexamine it at the end. Why? Well, we will continue to see .300 plus seasons, we will continue to have versatility in the field and we can continue to put him in our lead off spot and know that he's going to get on base so our big boppers can knock him in.  That's what you want in a leader, a hitter, a dude with a high OBP. And that's what you do when you're loyal... you flaunt that and subliminally say to the rest of the league, "This is our guy, he gets it done."

Will it last 6 years? With LeMahieu? 100%. He was made for the Bronx. It's rare that you see a player like this that doesn't look like a mini bodybuilder these days. He's alittle wirey, can swing the bat freely, has amazing hand eye and dammit can get on base!!!! That's what you need on a team.

Anyway... something to think about. Let me know what you think. I'd be curious to hear what everyone has to say.

2 comments:

  1. This guy deserves the same consideration as Jeter. He is bigger than Judge or Stanton.PAY HIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. 6 years. I am 3 generation of Yankees and YRS. HE IS A Yankee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017