Thursday, September 24, 2020

WILL DJ LEMAHIEU FINALLY GET THE RECOGNITION HE DESERVES?

There are two things that I really want to see happen for DJ LeMahieu, and I mean I REALLY want them for him. I wish I had control over them. Maybe if I "WILL" for them to happen enough it will happen....like manifesting destiny for him? Sounds good in theory at least.

My first wish would be for the Yankees to lock this guy up and give him the big contract that he deserves. Other teams will be happy to give it to him but, we need him here more. That could very well happen and I hope it does. We've only been talking about it for a while now....but that's just the start.

So in addition to his nice new Yankees contract that I am manifesting for him, I really want to see him get the AL batting title this year. Baseball is a team sport, and I am never one to focus on just one person but I think this is long overdue. He says he's not thinking about it (read his words HERE) but I WILL.

At the end of the day the best accomplishment is a World Series ring, and I agree with that but....I am still ticked off about last season. Hard to imagine that almost a year ago is when THE BASEBALL WRITERS SNUB LEMAHIEU! and he didn;t get the MVP consideration he deserved. We all knew Mike Trout was great, so that was a no brainer. I still can't stand that Alex Bregman the dirty cheater was included and then there was Marcus Semien. No disrespect to Marcus but....why not LeMahieu?

I still can't believe after everything he did for the Yankees last season, he wasn't even in the final three. The Yankees wouldn't have been that successful if he didn't have the year he had. He went from utility man that didn't even have a clear cut role at the beginning of the season to the Yankees most valuable player and an All-Star.


So after being snubbed last season, I want this recognition for him more than he does! So LeMahieu is in "contention" for the batting title against Tim Anderson who also deserves to be a part of that conversation. Let's face it, not many of us really thought that the White Sox were going to be on top of the AL Central and he's a big reason why. I take nothing away from his .353 batting average, and I take nothing away from his successful season so far. Anderson has been amazing and he deserves the same attention....I'm just REALLY pulling for LeMahieu.

In 2016 LeMahieu won the National League batting title when he was with the Rockies, and we would all like to see him do it again as a Yankee. He's a leader on this team and he is a spark plug for us. I want to finally see him get the recognition he deserves.

I know we always say to "Keep our eyes on the prize" and focus on our next ring but....I want him to have the World Series ring AND the batting title. That would make it even sweeter.


--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017