Tuesday, April 7, 2020

R.I.P. TO AL KALINE & VERLANDER STILL CAN'T GET A BREAK


When someone passes, it's important to give your respects, be it to the family, to friends of the deceased or just to let the world know how much you appreciated the person.  I for one can tell you that I met Al Kaline and he was a sweet man.


Nice, conversational and older when I met him. But I still liked the moment we had together. And sadly,  I can tell you that it's very sad to hear of his passing.  The Detroit Free Press has this:

"Al Kaline, who in a long and unique Detroit Tigers lifetime grew from youthful batting champion to Hall of Famer to distinguished elder statesman, died Monday afternoon at his home in Bloomfield Hills. He was 85.

A cause of death was not immediately available. John Morad, a close friend of the family, confirmed the news to the Free Press after speaking with Kaline's younger son, Mike.

His health had been declining over the past year. Kaline is survived by another son, Mark, and his wife, Madge Louise Hamilton."

Justin Verlander, a member of the 2017 cheating Houston Astros commented about Mr. Kaline's passing. After all, Verlander was a member of the Tigers too and had fond things to say about him.


But Verlander was crucified on Twitter, even though he did the right thing and paid his respects publicly.











Do I side with Verlander as he grieves for Mr. Kaline?

100%.  I get it and respect it.

Do I feel bad about the anger coming Justin's way after the Astros Cheating Scandal? No. I don't feel bad about that.  Bad things come back to bite bad people in the ass. Justin Verlander was one of the most outspoken players when it came to cheating when he was with the Detroit Tigers.


He's said NOTHING since coming over to the Cheating Astros. Anger should be going his way for the rest of his playing days.  He's tainted.

But enough about that.  To the Kaline family. Prayers go your way.  To the Detroit fans, a Yankee fan from the Bronx is letting you know that I stand by you today.

Rest in Peace #6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017