Friday, July 26, 2019

TULO RETIRES

Oh, Thank the good Lord.


Troy Tulowitzki came to the New York Yankees at the wrong time in his career. And now... it's over. Yahoo Sports writes:

"Tulowitzki is hanging up his cleats. The 34-year-old Tulowitzki announced his retirement from baseball Thursday saying, “It has been an absolute honor.” Tulowitzki played in just five games with the Yankees this season. He injured his calf in early April and was unable to return. In his retirement statement, Tulowitzki expressed a desire to stay in the game."

Here's that statement:

Now, I love Tulo, but like any baseball player, things come to an end. As a fan, you don't want them to hang it up, but you see the decline and you think about it.


When I heard the news that he was retiring, I was happy for him, plus I was relieved. It's hard to watch a solid ballplayer decline in front of your eyes.


I'll tell you what. I'd love to see him on that Aubrey Huff podcast OFF THE CUFF with AUBREY HUFF. Talk about honest interviewing. I'd love to hear about any nuggets Tulo has about the Yankees clubhouse or baseball in general.  Hey Huff... get him on!

Anyway... happy retirement to Troy, a class act all the way through. Good luck my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017