Tuesday, February 5, 2019

THAT TIME CC SABATHIA MADE SENSE ABOUT MACHADO


And let me state for the record that CC Sabathia always makes sense. I love the guy. I love that he's a Yankee. He's one of my favorites.

But a statement he made a while back was interesting. It was interesting then, and it's interesting now. Brendan Kuty put it in a tweet:


Now I'm not making this about Kuty. Everyone has an opinion as to why. My point of this post is just to suggest that it's not out of the ordinary that the Yankees swoop in and make a last minute deal. I mean think about it, big name guys like Manny Machado, Bryce Harper and Dallas Keuchel still remain unsigned. That's crazy.


But why? Well... money. Teams don't want to spend a fortune on guys anymore. And that's why some of these agents drive me nuts. I know their job is to get the best possible deal for a player, but it's gotten out of hand. Very rarely long term deals pan out.  Manny and Bryce are no exception. I don't care how old they are now... on the back end of that deal, they always slow down or break down and always end up old.  Jacoby Ellsbury may be the most recent Yankee example. Disgusting contract.


But back to CC. He makes sense. He always does... but when it comes to this one, he absolutely does.  And hey, maybe the Yankees swoop in, make a low ball offer with the agreement that if things work out well, "We'll meet you at the table at the end of that short term contract and talk about a longer term one." Stranger things have happened.

But for now, Manny's homeless, and it's pretty shocking... yet gratifying. It means teams are fed up... and Manny may need to think long and hard about how he's doing business moving forward.

We'll see.

Hey CC... you da man.

Shop for BYB Gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017