Sunday, December 30, 2018

PUMP THE BREAKS ON MACHADO


Look, I am so tired of the speculation when it comes to Manny Machado and Bryce Harper.  Freaking relax.  If Manny wants to come to the Bronx, I think we all know the decision's coming... especially after the meeting with the Yanks and then the Phillies.  I don't believe anything I read until the deal is finally done.


As far as Bryce Harper... it's been publicly reported and came from the mouth of Cashman that they aren't pursuing him. That's it.  It's 2 high level Free Agents and that's a ton of money. Are we really gonna do these long term contracts again? Stop it... all of you.

This is not even worth reporting, but I'm doing it to make a point.  And this is something that we do from time to time on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

Some sports writer named Dan Clark Tweeted this:

Now a few things here.  First all, everyone on the planet knows that offers from the White Sox, Yanks and Phils are in.  Everyone knows this.  So that's nothing knew. The next part is madness.

And so, be cautious.  Why? Because all the writers and some of us fan writers run in the same circles and many of us would have heard a whiff of this information if this is actually true.  But NO ONE has. No one. Just Dan Clark...and Clark's not an insider... Clark's literally a sports writers alittle above where I am. And I rarely report guesses at BYB.


Even Yahoo Sports mocked him a bit with their article...

"One writer says Manny Machado is set to join Yankees, though no one else has confirmed"

Tim Stebbins is right.  You can't go out there and make stuff up just for clicks.  But here's the reason why Dan Clark did it... because he won't lose either way.

If he's right, he looks like an insider. If he's wrong... it's just a "rumor" gone bad and life goes on.  But this is what it REALLY is... irresponsible. Why? Because it's a guess and it gets everyone into a tizzy. I would have had more respect for him if he just said, "If I had to guess, with all the info I've been reading, I would think Manny's coming to the Bronx."

You know what? I'll do it...

"If I had to guess, with all the info I've been reading, I would think Manny's coming to the Bronx."

Stop making up garbage and just give the fans the facts until it happens.  Everyone wants to be first. Everyone wants followers... it's all garbage.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017