Friday, September 1, 2017

BUNTING ON SABATHIA IS LOW RENT!

I mean sure, it's a strategy, but it's BS.  Come on, Man!

Photo: Getty Images
The Red Sox lost last night, but that's because their little plan to run on the Sabathia back fired. Instead of them getting into his head, it got him fired up! That in turn got the Yankees fired up and they beat the first place Sox, and now the Yanks are just 4.5 behind them in the American League East division.

ESPN has the fireworks...

(Source: Jason Miller/Getty Images North America)
'Eduardo Nunez reached base in the first inning when Sabathia made an errant throw after fielding a bunt.

'It is kind of weak to me,' Sabathia said. 'It is what it is. It just shows what they got over there'...

Nunez made a gesture of apology to Sabathia before his at-bat in the third inning. But Nunez also made it clear after the game that he wasn't sorry for trying to reach base however he can.

'It's my game. I cannot change my game,' Nunez said. 'We know he has a bad knee, but it's not my problem. I can't change my game. I have to try bunting.'

Asked if he might try to bunt again the next time he faces Sabathia, Nunez said, '100 percent.'


Photo: Getty Images
'If I have to bunt four times in a row, I'll do it,' Nunez said. 'I don't care if he's mad or not. That's what it is. I have to compete, and he has to figure it out. Play in. Or field the ball. I don't care.'

Sabathia said he doesn't believe his knee issues played a role in the Sox's strategy.

'I think they think I'm a bigger guy and I can't field my position,' Sabathia said. 'I'm an old man, so they should go out and want to kick my butt. I just feel like they tried to take the weak road.'"


Source: Elsa/Getty Images North America
And that's how I feel about it.  It was low rent.  If you're gonna play the game hard, try to destroy Sabathia... don't look like you're a cheap bitch.  This is little league garbage.

And believe me... if this was little league, and a big boy was on the mound, I would probably tell my little guy to bunt too... but I don't know, for some reason, I find this situation different. These are the Bigs, play like a big boy!

Whatever the case, the rivalry is on!  Yanks win last night.  More to come this weekend... I can't wait!


Final: Yankees 6 - Red Sox 2


Find Exclusive Star Wars Signed Memorabilia at SteinerSports.com!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017