Sunday, July 30, 2017

JAIME GARCIA A NEW YORK YANKEE...KIND OF

How often does BYB jump the gun on trades? How about never.

(July 27, 2017 - Source: Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images North America)
We will wait until the Yankees announce, or if we have a clear indication that it's official.

We just reported INCHES AWAY FROM JAIME GARCIA because while the deal was close, it wasn't official.  If you read BYB you know that I don't give a crap how many people tell you it's a done deal... we aren't in this business to be first... we're in this business to have alittle integrity in our reporting and get it right.  We wait. It's not about clicks to me, it's about making sure we don't mess it up.  I had this discussion with a reader a few minutes ago.  I appreciate it very much...


But if you know us, you know what we do here.

MLB reporters are suggesting this deal is done.  I guess it's safe to say it's done... but even Feinsand says the clubs haven't announced and so... it's not "DONE".  Hey, it's just a journalism thing for me, nothing personal.

Hey, let's add to it, another fan and friend Brian DeSalvo just Facebooked this:


Nice!

So let's do this. Let's just "say" the deal is done.

Hey, I need a few writers for the busy fall I'm about to have.  Maybe Brian and Stacee can write for me here at BYB! What do you say?

P.S. by the time you read this, there is probably no question that Garcia will be a Yankee.  But I'm not the one who's gonna be first.  I am however gonna be right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017