Wednesday, August 5, 2015

FANS SALIVATE OVER SEVERINO


It was a nice start and an exciting debut for the kid that everyone wanted to see pitch.  For some strange reason, I remember it like I remembered when Al Leiter debuted for the Yankees back in September 1987. 


There was a lot of hype and everyone wanted to see what he had back then.  Leiter would get the win that night against the then American League Milwaukee Brewers.  Tonight, Luis Severino got the loss... but the effort was there.  The Yankee bats just weren't.


Severino went 5 innings, gave up 2 hits and 2 runs.  He struck out 7.  He looked real good, better than I thought and to be honest, I don't even care about the loss.  I'm just glad the game is under his belt.  I think many of the fans were pleased.


The Yankee bats went like this... In the 7th inning, it was Carlos Beltran with a solo shot to the Red Sox 2 runs.  Steven Wright pitched great for the Sox. You need to tip your cap.  The Yankees just couldn't help out Severino or themselves.  In the end, we come up short.

But the Severino debut was a great success... and to be honest, I can't wait to see more.

Final: Red Sox 2 - Yankees 1

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017