Thursday, July 31, 2014

BENOIT & THE NEW YORK YANKEES


That rumor mill is running, ladies and gentlemen! The deadline is at 4pm, and teams are moving. And our Yankees are throwing their names into the mix. The latest? Joaquin Benoit on the Yankees radar.


According to Jon Heyman (HERE) the Dodgers and the Yankees are both pursuing the reliever. San Diego hasn't said whether or not they actually intend to trade Benoit. Chris Cotillo, of MLB Daily Dish, thinks there is a "good chance" that they will trade him (HERE). The Padres just traded reliever Huston Street to the LA Angels.


I'm not against the idea of Benoit. He's not terrible. My main concern is, what happens to Dellin Betances and David Robertson if we do get Benoit? We don't really need three potential relievers. We just need one that is reliable. I like Robertson. His Houdini acts are the reason I have several mini heart attacks a season, but he gets the job done. I have gone on and on about my love for Betances. He IS the hometown hero. He isn't only homegrown through the farm, but a native New Yorker. If they trade away Betances, I may riot.

I'm sure there will be more to emerge from this story soon. MLB is moving fast, folks! Stay tuned!



--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer 
Twitter: @e_morales1804

 
  

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017