Sunday, April 6, 2014

CC, GARDY, JETER & A PATH TO VICTORY

There were alot of pluses today.  One of which happens to be CC Sabathia who pitched well.  Not outstanding and not terrible. WELL.  We all know it's going to take him alittle while to get going, a traditionally slow starter in a season. But CC did what he needed to do today. 


After he gave up a home run to Melky Cabrera, he settled in, and he and the pen was able to stop the bleeding and give their guys enough time to score 6 and get the win.  Nice!

Brett Gardner hit his first homer of the season.  He had 1 hit today and 2 RBIs and scored 2 runs. In fact, it went like this: Jacoby Ellsbury grounded out and Brett scored. Kelly Johnson then doubled and Brian McCann and Alfonso Soriano scored.  That was in the first.

In the 4th, Yangervis Solarte hit a ground rule double scoring Brian Roberts. Then, that's when Gardy hit his 2 run homer.


Derek Jeter also did something big. He was 2-5 but moved up the hit chart. As Bryan Hoch writes, "The game also featured a milestone for Yankees captain Derek Jeter, who passed Hall of Famer Paul Molitor for sole possession of eighth place on the all-time hits list with singles off Hutchison in the third and fourth innings." Excellent.  Very happy about that.  I'm sad I missed it.  I was on a baseball field again myself... a 3 hour practice for my son on a gorgeous day in the Northeast.  We had the radio blasting and practicing hard to all the hits. I tweeted this earlier today:
That song just gets you going! How do you like that iPod Classic?  What can I say, I'm old school. Right now I can barely move I'm so tired... But we're here and we're keeping you up to date on the Yanks. Who knows, maybe you did what I did today and are just now logging on.  Perfect timing!


Back to the Yankees though.  CC Sabathia pitched 6 innings, gave up 7 hits and 4 runs.  The bridge to DRob was Adam Warren and Shawn Kelley, both pitching 1 inning each and both being effective.  DRob got his second save. Thank goodness.


 Final today: Yankees 6 - Blue Jays 4

That's a nice way to stroll into Opening day!


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.