Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I'M BACK BITCHES!


Good news if you've been waiting to see if Michael Pineda would make a good rotation guy for the New York Yankees! He did it.  It was confirmed earlier today that the big lug has made the Yankees rotation and is the 5th starter.

It was confirmed by Joe Girardi. Then Bryan Hoch confirmed it to everyone else on Twitter:
Good for Pineda!  So, right now the Yankees rotation goes like this:


CC Sabathia
Hiroki Kuroda
Ivan Nova
Masahiro Tanaka
Michael Pineda

I'll take it.  Look, there has been alot to be said about CC Sabathia being the number 1 guy in that rotation and that "he's no longer and Ace" and "shouldn't have the spot."  Someone on Sulia said that the only person that this rotation benefits is Sabathia. I guess so he can say, "Well, I'm the Ace."  Look, think of it this way though... Sabathia will now reinvent himself.  Sabathia will now learn the cutter and subsitute anything else to compensate for his velocity loss. I love CC. I am a believer that he can do it, and if not, trust me, Joe Girardi will move guys around. Look at Tanaka!  I would have put him in the 3rd spot. Oh well.  All I'm saying is have faith in CC and pay no mind to the Spring Training outings that mean nothing.  Spring training is for working out the kinks!


In the end though, I am very happy for Michael Pineda.  It's been a long road, but it appears, at least right at this moment, that he's done it!  One obstacle down, one to go... the season.  God, if Pineda can replicate his enormous presence like he did with the Mariners in 2011, it will be a great year for this kid and the Yankees.

Oh... and Jesus Montero is in AAA for the Seattle Mariners.  Just wanted to keep you updated.

Congrats Michael... Keep going kid!

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017