Tuesday, March 25, 2014

GUESS WHO THE YANKEES TOP 3 STARTERS ARE?


Look, I would have chosen Masahiro Tanaka easily as number 2 or 3... but I was wrong.  I guess the thinking is, Tanaka's in a new country, new routine and the Yankees don't want to mess with their investment. OK... I get it.  Over time, he'll move up in the order and all will be fine. For now, no pressure.


LoHud's Chad Jennings has the story: "Girardi just announced that CC Sabathia will start on Thursday, Hiroki Kuroda on Friday and Ivan Nova on Saturday. He said it’s safe to read into that order, meaning Sabathia, Kuroda and Nova will open as the top three starters pitching in Houston.

That leaves, as expected, Masahiro Tanaka to make his major-league debut in Toronto, likely in the fourth game of the season."


That would leave the 5th starter and if I'm a betting man, and I don't bet, I pick Michael Pineda to round out the 5 and giving David Phelps the long man role in the pen. And trust me, Phelps will get a few starts here and  there too. 

I like this rotation, how about you?

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017