Wednesday, March 26, 2014

GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR PAL, BOBBY ABREU?


Earlier this offseason there was important news about Bobby Abreu.  He had been given a shot to try and come back to baseball when the Philadelphia Phillies offered him a contract.  Read BOBBY ABREU'S BACK IN BASEBALL! for that whole recap, but in a nutshell, ESPN, wrote then, "Abreu will make $800,000 if he makes the Phillies roster out of spring training, a baseball source told ESPN.com."

Well, the news today is he didn't make the Phillies.  I know, you're sad for him. I know I am. According to Jim Salisbury of CSN, it didn't work out:
OK. So there you have it. You have to wonder now if Bobby will try to continue at this point, or will just end it.  Whatever the case, who doesn't love Abreu? Who doesn't love the effort. I applaud him. He was a good soldier in New York and a good ballplayer.  I don't know... I was pulling for the guy. 


What can I say, I root for the believer.

Good luck Bobby.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017