Tuesday, February 11, 2014

SERGIO MITRE IS LURKING


You won't believe who I found creeping around the Japanese complex of the Rakuten Eagles... Sergio Mitre!

Lou DiPietro of YESNetwork.com has an interesting nugget for all of you to enjoy:

"According to Patrick Newman of NPB Tracker, Rakuten has brought 32-year-old RHP Sergio Mitre, who had two stints in the Bronx from 2009-11, into camp on a “trial” basis, with Mitre hoping to win a spot on the team that recently lost ace Masahiro Tanaka to the pinstripes..."

Here is that Tweet from Patrick Newman:
Wow. 

Now you know me... Sergio Mitre helped start this whole thing called Bleeding Yankee Blue. Read WHY LAST NIGHT WAS IMPORTANT from September 14, 2010 for more.  In a nutshell, I was pretty down on Mitre, but of course, I can't be down forever, and I forgave Mitre around the holiday season.  Read I FOUND SERGIO MITRE JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS,when I wrote:


"... Sergio Mitre is alive and well. His twitter handle is sergio_mitre … and is now a prophet apparently if you look at his Twitter picture above.  Now let me state that I am doing something that I never thought I’d do, but I’m doing it because I am trying to keep in the spirit of Christmas… I’m forgiving Sergio Mitre of the grudge I had against the Yanks in 2010 and extending an olive branch."

For the record, he didn't accept my olive branch... but I still wish him well and I hope he makes the Rakuten Eagles anyway.

Good luck Sergio.

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017