Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I FOUND SERGIO MITRE JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS


You all know how Bleeding Yankee Blue got started.  If you don’t, here’s a recap.  The Yankees were losing, and I don’t remember if it was a losing streak or just inconsistent play.  But I do know that I was frustrated.  On September 14, 2010 the Yankees almost lost and important game to the Rays. On September 13th, they lost at the hand of Sergio Mitre. (Read WHY LAST NIGHT WAS IMPORTANT.)  Sergio Mitre was with the team that week and let's just say he wasn't having a successful time in pinstripes. In fairness, much of the weaker arms in the pen weren't.  It was a combination of trying to save the strong pitchers arms and giving guys like Mitre or Boone Logan time for the big guns... but it wasn't working. For the fan, it was frustrating.  I was screaming at the TV that week like many fans do and suddenly I felt as though I needed to put it on paper.  It was a rant.  Not vicious, but just enough so I get get my frustrations out.  Well, I felt better and Bleeding Yankee Blue will always be connected to Sergio Mitre because of it. Mainly because he was the first picture I chose to post here at BYB.

Well, just in time for Christmas and kindness and all that stuff... I decided to have a change of heart.  I did my research. 


And I’m happy to report that Sergio Mitre is alive and well. His twitter handle is sergio_mitre … and is now a prophet apparently if you look at his Twitter picture above.  Now let me state that I am doing something that I never thought I’d do, but I’m doing it because I am trying to keep in the spirit of Christmas… I’m forgiving Sergio Mitre the grudge I had against the Yanks in 2010 and extending an olive branch.

Sergio, I’m sorry for being so angry, same with you Yanks… I’m a Yankee fan, we expect perfection, but I have learned to step back and realize that there are more important things out there than wins and losses sometimes. Sometimes it’s about kindness, generosity… and yes, life.  That’s what Bleeding Yankee Blue has become and a lot of it has to do with you, whether you know it or not.  You opened my eyes.
Hey, he's got a sense of humor too... Love that. Now, before reading through Sergio’s tweets, I have no idea where he went and what he’s been up to.  But now I do.   Read these Tweets from him.

Hey, I’m thrilled there’s some clarity on what’s been going on from Sergio (Assuming this is Sergio. He’s not verified, but you need to assume it is if Ramiro Pena is following him.)


So Sergio, Merry Christmas.  I’m sorry I was being an angry fan. A speedy recovery to you.

And to all my Bleeding Yankee Blue Readers… follow Mitre on Twitter.  His followers number is weak.  We need to help our buddy out.  Hey… it’s Christmas.

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017