Saturday, February 15, 2014

MARIANO PASSES POSITIVE VIBES TO MASAHIRO


There isn't alot to this story, but it's interesting at least.  The Great Mariano Rivera is retired, we're all saddened by that, but Masahiro Tanaka has shown up to Spring Training and was given Mo's old Spring Training locker.  I see good things from this subtle move... am I the only one?


Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News writes: "When the 25-year-old pitcher arrived at Steinbrenner Field this week, he was assigned to the locker that belonged to Mariano Rivera for the past 15 or so years.

'One of the staff members actually told me,' Tanaka said through an interpreter. 'I was like, ‘I’m not really sure if I should be here...I do feel very honored to get all this attention,' Tanaka said. 'Basically, what I need to do is to go out there and perform. That’s what I’m intending to do.'”

Nice.  Hey, this guy came all the way from Japan... and he gets it. I mean, I love his quote, "I'm not really sure if I should be here." Nice, almost like a "We're not worthy" moment from the old Wayne's World bit.



It's true though in some regard... Mariano is a legend and Masahiro needs to start his own legacy in the Bronx.

I feel good vibes and I have a good feeling about Tanaka.  Let's hope this works out!

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017