Thursday, February 6, 2014

HEY... JOBA CHAMBERLAIN'S HUMAN, YOU KNOW

I just wanted to share this... and  I meant to share it when it happened on January 30th, but sometimes things in my own life get busy... thanks for understanding.


Much can be said about Joba Chamberlain.  Many are disappointed with him. Some love the guy and yet others think he's immature and he'll never grow up.  Then there's a group of people that feel like him losing weight and finding a new home in Detroit has allowed the guy to grow up.  That's where me and some of my BYB writers are going these days when it comes to Joba Chamberlain. A clean slate, fresh start, etc.  Read JOBA CHAMBERLAIN: IN DETROIT & BETTER THAN EVER!... kudos to Suzie Pinstripe for that piece.


I have kids and I love being with them and I know many of you guys do too.  I wanted to share a tweet from Joba Chamberlain for those of you that don't have Twitter and will probably never see.  It was subtle, yet important and powerful... and it somes up what Joba Chamberlain and what he's all about.  He Tweeted this on January 30th as he starts gearing up for the new baseball season as a Detroit Tiger:
You don't have to like Joba, but you have to respect him. He's crazy about his kid, and while he's a ballplayer and now a former Yankee... he's still human. 

Just wanted to share that... it's real... and for me personally, it shows where his heart really is. That's a man.


Good luck in Detroit, Joba. Be a winner this season... just not against my New York Yankees.

Oh and check out FOX Sports' Dana Wakiji's piece about Joba speaking out at TigerFest, HERE. It's a good piece and I needed to give props!

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017