Monday, February 3, 2014

FERNANDO RODNEY RUMOR FLOATED, BUT NOT BELIEVABLE


Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe does this... he suggests things could happen that are not necessarily in the cards just to see if it sticks.  What happens next is we, the bloggers, the writers... snatch it up and report it as "his story" because lord knows... I just don't buy the "Fernando Rodney to the Yankees" rumor just yet.  It doesn't make Cafardo a bad guy, he obvious knows what works in this Internet world... I just don't think I buy it, but that could change as this rumor gains steam.

That's right... it's being written by Cafardo that the Yankees and Rodney may be connected... and by connected, I mean, maybe there is a marriage in the works... MAYBE:

"There’s a feeling that a team like the Yankees may pluck Rodney, or someone of his ilk, to ensure they have another closer in case Dave Robertson breaks down or isn’t up to the task."


It's a theory, a suggestion... because not every fan is 100% sold on Houdini as the closer.  I am though. I think Robertson is ready to be handed the keys.  Rodney would be a nice pickup and I have admired him for a while now, but my feeling is, if the Yankees were to get a closer, I think they would have done it already.


Whatever the case... I thought this was interesting.  Again though... I just don't know how much truth there is to it... we shall see.

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017