Wednesday, January 8, 2014

THE AROD VERDICT IS IN…

Almost!



I know, I know! Cheap shot to get a read. But that was kind of how I felt earlier this morning when I was reading the papers, and talking to a few friends. A lot of people, especially my friends on Facebook, know that I have been covering this Alex Rodriguez stuff, so I constantly get asked "When is the decision coming down?"

Last week I wrote that Arbitrator Fredric Horowitz was ready to deliver a verdict as early as January 1st. Well, here we are, just about a week into the new year, and nothing. Zip! Zero! Zilch! Nada! Trust me, ladies and gentlemen, I am just as frustrated by all of this as you are. Before the New Year, Mike Puma of the New York Post was reporting that the decision was all but handed down. And so I did a little celebratory dance, and wrote about it for you all. Now, Puma is reporting that the decision won't come down until some time next week (HERE).


According to a source for BYB… yea, we've got a "source" now… the ARod decision will not come down until after the Hall of Fame announces it's inductees, when Horowitz will make the decision through an email sent to both parties. So anytime after January 8th, as to not distract from the Hall of Fame. Makes sense, since Jon Heyman of CBS tweeted something similar on January 3rd, saying the 10th is likely the earliest date.

Of course this means more waiting around. Sorry, folks! Like most of you, I was hoping for a decision sooner, rather than later. Stick around as we continue to cover this story until the end.



--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer
Twitter: @e_morales1804



Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017