Tuesday, December 10, 2013

DREAMS DO COME TRUE


ESPN is blaring in the back ground somewhere. It's been days since we have been tuned in, just waiting for the announcement. My sons think I am obsessed. Maybe I am in someways. I know what it riding on this. I know what this will mean for the Yankees.

I think back about my time as a fan. How the team has changed. Guys coming and going. All of them leaving the team a little different. Whether we liked them or not, they have all left their hand prints on this team. This is one of those decisions that the team should not take lightly. It's just as important as getting a reliable pitching staff, and fielding an excellent defensive team.


My son calls me into the living room. He's also got MLB pulled up on the tablet. He's been refreshing every so often. How long have we been doing this? It's been what, a week since the last guy walked away? Yes, it was definitely an obsession. He tells me the Yankees have interviewed someone for the position, but they haven't released a name. I know who he wants to see in the spot. It's an argument he won't win with me. How many years has it been since I have seen my favorite number on the field? Almost 10? I smile at my son. He's too young to remember what that number represents. He can argue with me until he is blue in the face, it's not swaying my opinion on this.

I sit quietly, going back and forth between the History Channel, and ESPN. Don't know why these documentaries sooth me. I start to relax. The Yankees will make their announcement when they are good and ready. No need to rush. They will make the right choice. As soon as I have put it out of my mind, my son calls me again.


"Ma! Guess what MLB is reporting?"

"What?"

"The Yankees named a new manager… Jorge Posada!"

I smile, content to know that the greatest catcher of my lifetime will be at the helm of the ship. I look over at my Posada jersey, hanging alongside the rest of my Yankees memorabilia. All is right with the world.

And then the buzzing starts. I roll over, hit the snooze button. It was all a dream.



--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer
Twitter: @e_morales1804

 

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fasted growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017