Saturday, November 2, 2013

2 MILLION BYB VISITORS STARTED WITH 1! HOLLA!

Do you realize that 2 million people have visited Bleeding Yankee Blue since it's creation on that cranky September night in 2010? I should send Sergio Mitre a thank you note. He was the reason this whole thing started. We'll always have a bond me and him... even if he doesn't know it.


Thank you. Thank you all for making us relevant here at BYB. It's crazy how things happen but finding the audience we found was actually strategic. We saw who was going where to read and we took in the data, looked at the Stat-heads, the causal fans, the women, the men and even the teenagers and we said "Well, we need our own audience to tap into. Unique readers. Smart readers." When we started to realize that people actually gave a crap about what we said, we planned it out and executed... and you followed. Now, I watch you sharing and commenting and tweeting our material daily. I know we have a unique voice here, because if we didn't, you'd be somewhere else. You come to us and stay true to loyalty and while the others are read by you as well, you make it a point to see what BYB has to say first. That makes me proud. That makes me realize that we're doing something right.


We've built friendships with our readers. We've build friendships with the Yankees, their families, the Yes Network, top sports writers  and publications like USA Today (BYB's piece here), Zerve.com (TRAVEL WITH ME TO YANKEE STADIUM) and others. In short, we are blessed to have you all with us.


Let me also say something very important about all of this. We are you. We are fans. We do it for the fans because sometimes sports media will slant it their way and think it's the final say. With Bleeding Yankee Blue, it's not that way any longer. If I have guys like Jim Bowden of ESPN Direct Messaging me on Twitter, or Ken Rosenthal trying explain himself  to me on a tweet he made, or Jon Heyman accusing me of being biased, then I know we're doing something right. Guess what Jon, we're Bleeding Yankee Blue... of course we're biased. 

But we're more than that, we're fair. Sure, we're pro Yankees here, but if a Yankee is being an idiot, we will not gloss over it. I believe there can be a balance between "Yankee fan" and journalism. We tapped into it... we're running with it. Sorry some of you can't figure out how it's happened, but know this, it has and it's because the readers keep us going. Thank you.

A shoutout to my writers. Tireless, energized and passionate.  Without them, I'm not sure we accomplish what we have at Bleeding Yankee Blue. Remember ladies and gentlemen, we do this for free. FREE. Some days I wake up and think "am I crazy?". The answer is maybe, but I'd be crazier to stop.

So yeah... this is a thank you. Thanks for coming to us. Thanks for reading BYB around the globe. Thanks for wearing our T-Shirts. And yes, Hoodies, underpants (requested by readers by the way), and who knows what else is coming... but even I need a break sometime.  Be patient.  Know we're on it and we hope to get it to you soon. 

So, do me a favor you BYB Freaks...Stay engaged, stay passionate and keep asking questions! Our team at Bleeding Yankee Blue is ready to serve. We will continue to write about the Yankees, about common sense and about life. Finally, I want to share a quote I heard somewhere. I'm stealing it, because I don't know who to attribute it to.  It's goes like this:

"Be phenomenal... or be forgotten"

Continued success and continued thanks to our readers... you're making me blush. 



-Robert Casey, CEO & Writer for BleedingYankeeBlue.com
Follow me: @BleednYankeeBlu


The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017