Wednesday, October 23, 2013

GOODNESS GRACIOUS! JOHN STERLING IS CALLING THE "KITTEN BOWL"


I have seen big named guys and gals get bigger and bigger in their career.  John Sterling has achieved alot in his broadcast career, but calling the half-time "Kitten Bowl" game on the Hallmark Channel is not one of them in my opinion. Not sure if you saw this, but I read about it yesterday and was going to ignore it.  Well... I can't. What's John thinking?


According to several sources... and we'll go with Newsday on this one... "Beth Ostrosky Stern, wife of radio host Howard Stern, and John Sterling, the voice of the New York Yankees, will co-host "Kitten Bowl," the Hallmark Channel's feline answer to Animal Planet's venerable "Puppy Bowl" specials that air on Super Bowl Sunday. The Hallmark Channel yesterday said the program -- produced in association with the Port Washington-based no-kill shelter North Shore Animal League America, with which Stern has long been involved -- will air Feb. 2, from noon to 9 p.m."

Now look, I'm not a total jerk. I like that he is working in association with the North Shore Animal League America group, but still John, come on bro, this is weird!


I will tell you that I was reading that Sterling will be appearing at Professional Baseball Instruction, a facility for kids who want to learn more about baseball and their development and that event is on October 26th. That facility will be having Sterling in to tell stories to the kids.


I'm sure John has a million stories about his home run calls, some moments with players and our favorite, Suzyn Waldman. I actually find this to be a great idea! That facility is run by former ballplayer Doug Cinnella, someone's career I followed growing up and I admire the guy for all he's done for the game of baseball. I touched on him in BYB EXCLUSIVE: ROB SEGEDIN, check it out.

But back to Sterling... I love you man, but unless this "Kitten Bowl" thing is about collecting a huge paycheck, I'm just not sure why you want to put yourself out there...

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017