Tuesday, September 17, 2013

YANKEES ARE FREE FALLIN'


When I was in High School, I played baseball and track my senior year.  It was a pain in the ass.  I missed some games and missed some meets depending on what I felt like doing that week.  That pissed my coaches off, but the way I saw it, I was all about making my own decisions senior year... and I was good at it.  I was in control.


I had a ritual.  Before games or meets, I played Runnin' Down a Dream by Tom Petty. I had a Walkman and it was on Cassette.  I know some of you kids think I'm speaking Greek right now with all your digital song shit these days.  Yeah, back in the day, we actually had to flip music over to listen to the other side of the album. I know... I know... you have no idea what the hell an album is and you don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Listen... just go with it.

After my game or meet, I played Free Fallin' by Tom Petty. It didn't matter if I won or lost, it was my cool down song.  Let's just say the summer of 1989 was all Tom Petty Full Moon Fever.  It was my bible and I played it through graduation until college that fall.


What's my point? The Yankees should be listening to Free Fallin' right now. They should be listening to it, playing it loud and understanding that if they don't turn their team around fast... they are about to be done. No fan needs these losses right now and the Yankees sure as hell don't need it.


The Yankees lost to the last place Blue Jays.  What the hell is that? Andy Pettitte was on the mound... and got the loss. Um, seriously.  The Yankees couldn't scratch 2 runs off of RA Dickey... I swear to God!  What has happened to my Yankees who are on a slide right now... right when they really need to win?

Andy Pettitte went 6.2 innings tonight.  He gave up 6 hits, but only 1 run. He walked 2 and struck out 5.  He did fine. Not great, not outstanding... fine.  Shawn Kelley was back and gave up the other run.


The Yankees DID NOT SCORE.  The Blue Jays pitching only allowed 5 hits all game. We left 7 runners on base.  ARod struck out twice, Alfonso Soriano was 1-4 but struck out 3 times.  In other words... there were not highlights to speak of... in fact they are free fallin'.

Final: Blue Jays 2 - Yankees 0.

I'm sick to my stomach...

Let's win already, I'm growing impatient. Anybody with me? Anyone at all?

 The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017