Wednesday, September 11, 2013

UNCLE RICO IS JUST AN IDIOT


Leave it to the guy who lives in the past. Bobby Valentine is at it again.

This is what Uncle Rico (Read WHY VALENTINE IS BASEBALL'S UNCLE RICO) said about the Yankees vs. the Mets in the "Who did more for the city of New York after the 9/11 attacks?" Debate. A debate I didn't know we were having. He said this to WFAN today:

Let it be said that during the time from 9/11 to 9/21, the Yankees were (not around).  You couldn’t find a Yankee on the streets of New York City. You couldn’t find a Yankee down at Ground Zero, talking to the guys who were working 24/7... Many of them didn’t live here, and so it wasn’t their fault. And many of them did not partake in all that, so there was some of that jealousy going around. Like, ‘Why are we so tired? Why are we wasted? Why have we been to the funerals and the firehouses, and the Yankees are getting all the credit for bringing baseball back?’ And I said ‘This isn’t about credit, guys. This is about doing the right thing.’”


Now look, on a day like this, I find it ridiculous that anyone is even trying to take more credit than the other...especially 12 years later.  After all, that day is forever in my mind.  I will never forget what I saw. But one thing I do remember is that New York, Boston, other cities around the country and people around the world did something... ANYTHING to help in any way they could. 


This isn't a Yankee thing Mr. Valentine, and it certainly isn't a "I did more" thing... it's a life lesson... Do your part, do your charity and never talk about it.  Why? Because you shouldn't have to.  It's called a good deed.  It's called being generous.   Do I really give a crap that Benny Agbayani did more than Scott Brosius back in 2001? How about I'm just happy that we all contributed in some way to get this city and America back on our feet? How about that?

Seriously,  I thought when Boston fired Bobby that would be the end of this putz... I guess I was wrong...


He's like the Fifth Heartbeat... he thinks he's still got it.
  
The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017