Friday, August 2, 2013

THE MLB FAN CAVE & BYB


Got an invite to drop by the MLB FanCave on Thursday. They were hosting a speaker for a new Internet sensation. Well, why not? Been there before, nice place, and maybe get a quick chat with the Cave Dwellers.


 Never let it be said that my due diligence is not performed. The presentation was for a company called Songza, hosted under the MLB FanCave University umbrella. It was a crisp pitch, short, sweet, and to the point. Great things are ahead for Songza. Keep an eye out for them.


Afterwards I made my way over to the Dwellers. They had all been visible during the presentation in the front row. I was curious as to how they were filling out their duties of watching all games until I got closer. Laptops and tablets were at the foot of the stage playing all the games.

There are five Cave Dwellers remaining. Ben Wietmarschen, April Whitzman, Travis Miller, Mina Park, and Danny Farris. None of them are Yankee fans, and they gave me good-natured ribbing about my wardrobe as I approached. Fair enough, it’s not like I am not used to jealousy and envy from fans of the other team. But they were cool about it, so whatever, you know?


We all chatted briefly about their season in the Cave. They all agreed it was a great time and that they aren’t getting tired of it yet. Well, no wonder. Getting to watch every MLB game in downtown New York on a massive wall of television screens? Yeah, I could deal with that couldn’t you?


April and I chatted about the Montreal Expos and Gary Carter briefly. Nice to have a connection with another Atlantic Canadian. We compared notes on life in Toronto before I sensed I should move on and let them get back to work. I am doing my best not to be insanely jealous when I refer to their work. Nice enough, they say, if you can get it.


The FanCave itself is very cool. It’s decorated with a baseball diamond-shaped overhead light; rows of baseball bats suspended overhead; the Screen Monster showing all the games; and baseball murals and mementos everywhere you looked. Yeah, this would be a cool place to work.


All in all a pleasant evening. If you are ever in the Broadway and West 4th area of NYC, drop by the Cave for a look. Best of luck to all the Cave Dwellers. You are all awesome folks!

 
Chad R. MacDonald
BYB Features Writer
Facebook: New York Yankees the Home of Champions
My Blog: ChadRants



The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017