Saturday, August 10, 2013

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK!


I told someone on Twitter yesterday to prepare to be swept.  The Tigers had momentum coming into the Bronx and we had a stadium with a newly returned Alex Rodriguez and mixed emotions from fans.  We also had no Mojo... so  I wasn't expecting much.  It's not like me to give up... but I gave up. I'm tired of the losses and I'm tired to having my heart broken every damn night... I WENT TO BED!

I'm glad I did because there was nothing better than hearing on 1010 Wins this morning that after Miguel Cabrera tied the game in the 9th, it was the Yankees that ended up coming back and winning it!  I should go to bed more often.  In fact, can I go to bed today at around 2pm? Because right now, I would if I could.


 Ivan Nova was truly exceptional.  7 innings of work, allowed 8 hits and just 1 run.  It was awesome actually and it's clear that Nova has figured it out. I feel bad for ever doubting the guy.  After him, it was David Robertson  who is so automatic, it's terrific... I know they are grooming this guy to be the next Mariano Rivera. Finally, Mo came in and it was then that he blew the Save.  It's Mo... I'm not getting on the guy, but it was clear then that the Tigers were not going to go away.


Miguel Cabrera hit a 2 run homer to tie it.  Right then we were right back where we have been... treading water.  Could it be that the Yankees would lose again? I shut the TV off.   I brushed my teeth, I didn't say a word... I went to bed. 


Little did I know that in the Bottom of the 10, little Brett Gardner would single in Jayson Nix... and the walk off was on! Boom! You gotta love that!

Final: Yankees 4 - Tigers 3.

Finally, just so you know... ARod went 0-4 with 3 strikeouts last night.  The stadium was a mixed bag of booing and cheering.  I'm going to tell you right now my thoughts on that... as a fan, do what you'd like


I don't care for booing. I don't think it accomplishes anything, but if you and I are paying these players salaries and they show up to each game sucking the life out of your team... do what you'd like.   Don't fear Joe Girardi who is reprimanding fans for booing... he's not your mother.  If you're frustrated... BOO.  If you are excited for a player... CHEER.  That's it... we pay the salary for these guys.

Enjoy your Saturday.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017