Friday, August 9, 2013

F JOHNNY DAMON!

Johnny Damon is dumb.


You know what I like? I like when players back players and are consistent.  I don't like players coming out and speaking without any thought involved. I like when players are "real friends", not guys that just say what they think the audience will like with disregard for the friendships they had before they retired.  Don't know what I mean? Listen to this...

So Johnny Damon was on the Michael Kay Show on August 2nd. Let me state right now that I have never thought of him to be overly bright, but he's been known to make a good soundbite once in a while and I was curious what he had to say about the Alex Rodriguez mess.


So Steven A. Smith (HERE filling in for Kay) asked him about Alex and Johnny said he didn't think Major League Baseball had the evidence they say they do on ARod. He also thought they should have made the ruling already.  Here's a quote: " I personally don't think he had anything to do with this. I think anytime a scandal breaks out, ARod's name is going to be tagged to it...Alex has always been a great friend of mine since we were 14 and hopefully he gets back on the field again sometime soon... I mean they're just dragging this on and on and on... evidence shouldn't take this long if there's a story out there... I do not think ARod has anything to do with this, but then again, things tend to surprise you sometimes."

And things DO surprise me sometimes, because if Damon and Alex are such "great friends" as Damon says... who needs enemies. This is what he said about the 2009 World Series Championship just a few days later (Read HERE)...


“I really haven’t sat down and thought that far, but if that’s how he was able to hit in the postseason, then yeah, absolutely...Then you start going and saying, ‘Was anyone (else) on their team cheating?’... There’s just so many different factors that determine if a team wins, and ARod was a huge determining factor...He was the MVP of the ALCS. He played a pretty huge part. Unfortunately, through the years, guys winning awards have been linked to something.”

 
Good point genius. I guess the PEDs that we now know Manny Ramirez took as well as the PEDs that were in David Ortiz's systen in 2003 (HE admitted testing positive in 2003, read HERE) diminishes the Red Sox winning the World Series in 2004.   The bigger question is, why in the hell didn't First Pitch on MLB Network Radio press Damon on that?  That's just bad journalist, but more importantly, Damon better get his ducks in a row when it comes to friends, huh?

Again, no one ever said Damon was a genius... but at least be a "great friend" and keep your trap shut... Idiot (His name for himself... not me.) We've come full circle now, haven't we?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017