Sunday, August 4, 2013

MY KIND OF TOWN, CHICAGO IS...

Alex Rodriguez is going to Chicago.  He guarantees it. According to USA Today, HERE, "He plans on flying to Chicago, where the Yankees open a three-game series against the White Sox on Monday.
When pressed on whether he would possibly postpone rejoining the team if Major League Baseball were to announce a suspension against him before Monday, Rodriguez curtly insisted his plans won't change. "I'm flying to Chicago," is all Rodriguez would announce as far as his plans for the near future."

Give ARod an award for the biggest balls in Major League Baseball.  You need to assume whatever "suspension" is about to come down is coming at any moment, but for Alex, it's business as usual.

I take exception to 1 thing I did read about this suspension, Biogenesis mess... the suspension lengths and who gets what and for how long.  I was reading the Associated Press and it said, "Major League Baseball told the New York Yankees that Alex Rodriguez will be suspended Monday for his links to a clinic accused of distributing banned performance-enhancing drugs but can play while he appeals the penalty..."

Meanwhile, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, "Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta, Mariners catcher Jesus Montero, Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz, Padres shortstop Everth Cabrera and Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli are among major-leaguers expected to be suspended, as are minor leaguers Fernando Martinez, Jordan Norberto, Fautino de los Santos and Cesar Puello. Three other players whose names haven't become public are believed on the suspension list as well. All or almost all of the other 12 players are expected to accept 50-game penalties."  


But there's more... "Melky Cabrera, Bartolo Colon and Yasmani Grandal will not be suspended in connection with Biogenesis, as they all served 50-game penalties already. Neither will Nationals pitcher Gio Gonzalez, whose name was in earlier news reports but is not linked to Biogenesis PEDs."

So, in other words, this IS a witch hunt.  If I'm Alex, I want to see whatever evidence they have on me, because I already admitted to using before MLB put their drug policy in place and now, they are reportedly wanting to suspend Alex for the rest of this season and the entire 2014.  But here's what I don't get:


Melky Cabrera, Bartolo Colon and Yasmani Grandal all were caught while the drug policy was already in place, admitted it, and now they are also connected to the Biogenesis scandal with Alex... but they don't need to serve any more because they already served their 50 game suspension. But Alex is out for over 200 games when suspended.  Well... they better have video of Alex shooting it in his ass because I just don't get it.

If ARod is suspended, we'll write about it and we won't ignore it, but my God... does anyone else think this is absolutely ridiculous now? Truth be told, I'm no fan of Bud Selig and I find how he's handling this absolutely wrong. I also know that ARod is no saint... but if I'm ARod, I throw everything I can at Selig and make sure he's bruised and battered when he leaves as commissioner, because there is no doubt in my mind at this point... they are making Alex an example and nothing more.  Hey, my opinion could easily change if and when I see the evidence... but right now, I'm Team ARod. Print that!

As my kids would tell me... and now I say it to Bud... "You're doing it wrong."

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017